Green beans and paparika flavoured chicken cold cut along with white wine…a delicious and healthy combination. The addition of hazelnuts (or walnuts as the original recipe calls for) gives this savoury, but nonetheless delicious cake more substance and an interestingly crunchy texture. Cheer you up with a large slice paired a glass of white wine, as well as some crème fraîche.
Green Bean Spelt Cake with Hazelnuts and White Wine
- Rinse and clean the green beans. Poach them in a pot of boiling salted water for about 8 minutes until tender but still firm. Drain the beans in a sieve, and rinse them briefly under cold water. Set aside to drain again.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper. Finely dice the chicken cold cut. Cut the drained green beans into small pieces.
- Whisk the spelt flour, baking powder and 1 pinch of sugar together in a mixing bowl. Beat the eggs and walnut oil until blended and foamy. Stir in white wine, then gradually fold in flour mixture.
- Add in the diced chicken cold cut, green beans and the hazelnuts. Gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the cake in the center of hot oven for about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool to the room temperature.