The avocado gives this mashed potato dish extra taste and creaminess, and increases the nutritional value of the dish. The caramelized garlic cloves do the trick and give the dish a real punch! br>
Recipe adapted from Essen&Trinken–Kartoffel Avocadopüree mit Knoblauchkaramell.
- 20 g Sugar
- 20 g Butter
- 10 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 300 g Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 80 ml Milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 50 g Wholemilk yogurt
- 2 tbsp Curly parsley, chopped
- Caramelize the sugar in a small skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Add in butter and garlic cloves. Cook until the garlic cloves turned a beautiful golden brown.
- Place diced potatoes and 1/3 teaspoon of salt in a large pot. Fill with encough water to cover the potatoes. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until cooked through. Drain.
- Half the avocado and scoop out the flesh and place in a large bowl along with lemon juice, yogurt, salt and pepper. Reserve the avocado shells. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth.
- Warm the milk in a pot over the low heat. Mash the drained potatoes through a sieve into the hot milk. Remove, then add in avocado puree and chopped curly parsley. Warm up the mixture over the low heat. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the avocado shells with potato puree, and top with some caramelized garlic cloves.