These easy-to-prepare juicy tomatoes are stuffed with a spicy mix of chilli peppers, finely chopped garlic, herbs and then a layer of grated Parmesan. They are delicious as a side dish or served on a bed of salad as a light lunch.
Recipe adapted from Essen und Trinken
- 3 Fleshy beefsteak tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Small red chilli pepper
©angiesrecipes, cut into rings
- 1 Small green chilli pepper, cut into rings
- 3 Thyme sprigs
- 1 Rosemary sprig
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 25 g Fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic bianco
- 50 g Arugula
- 50 g Radicchio, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Thinly slice the chilli peppers into rings. Remove leaves from thyme and rosemary sprigs. Discard stem, and chop the leaves.
- Cut the cores from the tomatoes, and cut them in half crosswise. Place the tomato halves in a baking dish. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly mulled black pepper.
- Place the chilli pepper rings, minced garlic, and chopped herbs on the tomato halves. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over and bake for 15 minutes or until they are tender.
- Whisk together the Balsamic bianco, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. In a large salad bowl, add in arugula and sliced radicchio. Drizzle in the prepared dressing. Toss gently until combined.
- Remove the baked tomatoes from the oven, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve on a bed of prepared salad.