A sloppy joe is an American dish of ground beef, onions, sweetened tomato sauce or ketchup and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.
- 450 g Ground beef
- 180 g Tomato sauce
- 100 g American barbecue sauce
- 2/3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 4 Homemade burger buns, split, toasted, and buttered
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add in minced garlic, shallots, and green bell pepper. Stir until fragrant and tender, about 3 minutes. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Add the ground beef to the vegetables. Stir and cook about 5 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and fully cooked. Add tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire, and hot sauce into the skillet. Stir to combine. Simmer until thickened.
- To serve, spoon and pile sloppy meat onto the toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops with your favourite side dish or pickles.