This is an incredibly refreshing and tasty salad that combines together sweet pomelo, peanuts, toasted coconut and sesame seeds tossed in a spicy dressing.
- 1 Pomelo
©angiesrecipes, break into bite size
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 2 Piri piri, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce (or soya)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut, toasted
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- Separate the pomelo into sections, then peel and break up the sections into bite size chunks and transfer to a bowl. (check out Sharon’s post on How To Cut Pomelo Fast)
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the shallot rings and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, stir the piri piri with the fish sauce and sugar. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pomelo with peanuts, toasted coconut, sesame seeds and the dressing. Toss to coat. Mound the salad on a plate, then sprinkle the chopped parsley and fried shallots.